Since the beginning of 2014, the patient has developed symptoms such as dry mouth, polydipsia, polyuria, significant weight loss, and weakness of limbs. He has not controlled diet and loves sweets on weekdays, and does not pay attention to exercise. In September 2016, the patient had blurred vision of both eyes, the left eye had a significant decrease in visual acuity, and the right eye had good visual acuity. He was treated at a local hospital and combined with the results and symptoms to diagnose diabetes.
Before Stem Cell Treatment:
- He suffered from dry mouth, polydipsia, polyuria, obviously reduced weight etc. without obvious incentive since the beginning of 2007, while he did not pay attention to it, he did not control his diet and he loved to eat sweet foods without necessary sports;
- He suffered from blurred visions of both eyes, the left vision reduced obviously, the right vision was ok; the fasting blood glucose: 17.48mmol/L; the blood glucose of 2 hours after the meal: 25.0 mmol/L; glycosycated hemoglobin: 7.8%; fasting C peptite: 745.7 pmmol/L（250-600）; the urine micro protein showed negative; eye ground showed there was spot, strip, splinter hemorrhage, hard and cotton effusion on both eyes ground, which was diagnosed as type II diabetes with VI phase diabetic retinas disease;
- He was given insulin to reduce the blood glucose, the blood glucose level is controlled well and stably, his symptoms of dry mouth, polyuria, polydipsia were relieved obviously;
- He was offered laser treatment for his both eyes ground on September 30th, 2010 while his blurred visions could not be improved obviously after the operation, the visions of his both eyes are all 0.3.
- He received a round stem cell treatment in our hospital on October 13th, 2010. After his admission, he received anti-diabetes treatment including Novolin 30R 15iu via hypodermic injection 30 minutes before every breakfast and dinner; diformin tablets 0.5g by oral administration 3 times/day; Acarbose tablets 100mg by oral administration 3 times/day.
1 month after Stem Cell Treatment:
- His symptoms of dry mouth, polydipsia, polyuria, polyphagia are disappeared;
- His weight is increased by 2 kg;
- He stops his oral anti-diabetes medicines, the dosage of insulin injection is reduced from 30iu/day to 20iu/day;
- His blood glucose level is stable, the glycosylated hemoglobin is reduced obviously;
- His visions are increased from 0.3 to 0.5, he can see the objects around clearly.
3 months after Stem Cell Treatment:
- His symptoms of dry mouth, polydipsia, polyuria and polyphagia are disappeared completely;
- His weight is stable compared with the last time;- He stops his oral anti-diabetes medicines, the dosage of Insulin injection is reduced to 12iu/day;
- His blood glucose level is stable, glycosylated hemoglobin is normal, blood lipid level is normal;
- His both visions is increased to 0.6, he can see the objects around clearly;- He can drive by himself for outside, his life quality is improved obviously.
6 months after Stem Cell treatment:
- His symptoms of dry mouth, polydipsia, polyuria, polyphagia are disappeared completely, his weight is stable;
- He stops all of his anti-diabetes medicines and insulin injections;
- The glycosylated hemoglobin and blood glucose level are all normal;
- His both visions are 0.6 stably.