Since 2004, our department started treating infantile cerebral palsy, and till the end of 2016, we have treated more 8000?patients. The total improvement rate is 96%. Most patients are with mixed type (mainly spastic type (54.32%) and athetoid type (31.34%). Many patients already have apparent treating effect during their hospitalization. The effect of stem cell transplantation on the treatment of cerebral palsy is remarkable and accurate, and it has become one of the most effective treatment methods to date. If the rehabilitation system of the standardized system is accepted after the stem cell transplantation, it will promote the growth and repair of the transplanted neural stem cells, and the effect will be better. Our treatment is accepted by many patients and their family members, and a lot of patients already received second, third or even forth course of transplantation and each course can improve patient’s condition in different ways.
Possible improvements after treatment mainly on:
● Improve motor function
● Reduction of abnormal muscular tension
● Improve muscle strength, avoid muscle atrophy
● Better speech function (can speak more clearly, and have more active speech)
● Improve spasm, drool and strabismus
● Better physical fitness, sleep well and have better appetite.
● Better swallow function and social communication function
● Reduce or get rid of epilepsy
● Promote brain development and improve intelligence
According to our follow-up data, most patients keep improving slowly after the surgery.