Dawoud is a Lybian 24 years old male patient suffering from sequela of spinal cord injury of C3-C5. He was admitted to our hospital on December 10th, 2012 for the chief complaint of the movement and sensation disorder below neck with incontinence of urination and bowl movement for over 4 years. The MRI of his neck after undergoing the car crash on January 20th,2008 indicated: C3-C5 vertebral bodies fracture with relevant spinal cord injury. He received the fixation of vertebral bodies fracture, then was given physical rehabilitation therapy until now.
He received a round stem cell treatment including 2 stem cell transplantations via CT guided intraspinal injection and 1 stem cell injection via lumbar puncture in our hospital on December 10th, 2012.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of his limbs was higher than normal;
- The muscle strength of his limbs was weak, the motor ability of his limbs was poor;
- The sensation beneath injury segment was lost;
- His body temperature was often abnormal, he was vulnerable to catch fever, he could not sweat below his neck;
- He suffered from incontinence of urination and bowl movement.
After the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of his limbs is normal;
- The muscle strength of his limbs is improved obviously, the motor ability of his limbs is improved obviously;
- The sensation level is lowered obviously;
- His body temperature is normal, he can sweat by his whole body;
- He can perceive and control his urination and bowl movement partly.