Anttilamiia, a 1 years old Finland girl, suffered from cerebral palsy. She was born as a premature with 30 weeks, no obvious apnea or anoxia history. The skin of her whole body was yellow 1 week after born, then she was diagnosed as cerebral palsy in local hospital. She received physical rehabilitation therapy interruptedly in local hospital without good efficacy.
She received a round stem cell treatment including 4 stem cell injections via lumbar puncture in our hospital in May, 2010 with satisfied efficacy.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of her limbs was higher than normal;
- The muscle strength of her neck, back, waist and limbs was weak; the motor ability of her whole body was poor;
- Her weight and height were less than those of same age children;
- She could not speak a word;
- Her cognitive ability was not good as normal same age children’s.
After the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of her limbs is normal;
- The muscle strength of her neck, back, waist and limbs is improved obviously, she can lift up her head, sit and stand by herself;
- Her weight and height are improved obviously;
- She can speak some simple words;
- Her cognitive ability is improved obviously, she can communicate with others by eye contact or simple words.