Alan is a Chinese 17 years old female patient suffering from cerebral palsy. Alan was full term nature delivery born, but she underwent Jaundice for over 1 month after born. She was diagnosed as mix type cerebral palsy and was admitted to our hospital due to her speech and motor ability development retardation for 16 years. She received the 1st round stem cell treatment on 12th October 2009.
Before the treatment:
- The muscle strength of her neck and waist was weak, she could hold her neck for a continuously short period and unstably;
- Her right hand was in making a fist position all the time, she could not stretch or bend the fingers of her right hand voluntarily;
- The muscular tension of her right upper limb was high with contracture and bending condition all the time; she could not stretch or bend voluntarily her right upper limb, so that she could not touch her mouth or ears by the right hand; while her left upper limb was in stretching straight position all the time, which could not be bent;
- She could not sit at the bed edge by assistant, sliding down from the bed all the time.
After the treatment:
- The muscle strength of her neck and waist is improved obviously, she can hold her neck by herself for longer period and more stably than before;
- She can stretch or bend the fingers of her right hand voluntarily, which is more relaxed than before;
- The muscular tension of her right upper limb is improved, her right upper limb is in the naturally stretching status, she can stretch and bend her right upper limbs voluntarily, she can touch her ears by her right hand; while her left upper limb can bend voluntarily with improved muscle strength;
- She can sit at the bed edge by assistant without sliding down from the bed anymore.